Chicken noodle soup is a soup made from chicken, simmered in water, usually with various other ingredients. The classic chicken soup consists of a clear broth, often with pieces of chicken or vegetables; common additions are pasta, dumplings, or grains such as rice and barley. Chicken soup has acquired the reputation of a folk remedy for cold and influenza, and in many countries is considered a comfort food.
2 teaspoons butter
1 cup sliced celery
1 cup chopped carrot
1⁄2 cup chopped onion
1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning (A blend of sage, thyme, Chinese salt)
2 (32 ounce) containers1 can chicken broth (14 ounce)
2 teaspoons chicken bouillon (chicken cube)
225 grams egg noodles
2 cups cooked chicken (3 breasts)
1. Melt butter in large pot.
2. Sauté the celery, carrot and onion for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Add thyme, poultry seasoning, chicken broth and bouilion.
4. Bring to a boil. Season lightly.
5. Add noodles and chicken and cook on low for 20 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with parsley.
This articles is originally appeared here.